Praise be to Jesus now and forever.
This blog is almost 9 years old with around 49k hits! :)
The archive of posts is located just below the Song of the Fortnight gadget.
Subscribe to get the latest posts via email from the right pane.


Disclaimer:
This site uses cookies and you accept that by continuing to use the site that you agree to this.
You are currently hearing the audio from the Song of the Fortnight gadget in the right pane.
All the content belongs to their respective owners. I own nothing.
The posts you see on this blog are not entirely my work. Credit has been attributed wherever possible.
I have not used any ad service on this website.



Info2

Click here for a list of all posts related to Christmas.


Click here for Christmas messages

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hosanna Sunday


Palm Sunday Parade is based on Matthew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-11, Luke 19:28-44 and John 12:12-19

Luke 19:28-44New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King

28 After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem. 29 As he approached Bethphage and Bethany at the hill called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, 30 “Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 31 If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you untying it?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it.’”
32 Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. 33 As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, “Why are you untying the colt?”
34 They replied, “The Lord needs it.”
35 They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it.36 As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.
37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives,the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”[a]
“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”
40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Footnotes:

  1. Luke 19:38 Psalm 118:26

Some Things To Think About

By this time, Jesus was very well known throughout Israel. Stories of his miracles and teaching had spread throughout the land. Arriving during the Passover celebration meant that Jerusalem was filled with pilgrims, many of which were eager to see Jesus. But much of the crowd had a wrong understanding of who Jesus was and his purpose. Some thought he would be a political king and remove the Roman occupation. The religious leaders feared their loss of power and influence over the people. Only a small handful really understood that this was God's divine presence among men. His sacrifice would usher in an eternal Kingdom that would change the world for all time.

Jesus walked in perfect obedience to God's Word. He was perfectly aware of the Words of the prophets and fulfilled every prophecy including this trip on a donkey to Jerusalem (Isaiah 62:11 & Zechariah 9:9). His obedience allowed him to live in close fellowship with his Father with access to all the power, protection and wisdom provided by God's love (John 15:10). That same fellowship is still available to you through faith and one simple commandment: Love God, your neighbor and yourself. If you do this, you have fulfilled all of God's commandments (Romans 13:8-10).


The religious leaders were offended by the praise offered to Jesus by the crowd. The reality was that all of creation praises God and would have even if the religious leaders were able to silence the crowd (Luke 19:40). Whether its jealousy or ignorance, religion often tries to dampen praise because praise works. God doesn't need your praise. He wants it because it releases your faith and gets your focus on God and not the problems you face. God is your source and solution. When you really know that God's Word is true, you can release joyful praise, expecting and receiving deliverance in any area of your life! 


Palm Sunday is a wonderful time to remember Jesus at the pinnacle of his time on earth. But now that he is glorified, he is in an even better position to help you. Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, he is present with you all the time. That's reason enough to praise him throughout the day! Everything he accomplished on Easter morning is yours through faith. So don't neglect praising God. Its not only good for you, but it will bring down walls (Joshua 6), win battles (2 Chronicles 20), create life (Luke 1), feed the hungry (Mark 8) and set you free (Acts 16)! Remember nothing is impossible with God (Genesis 18:14; Job 4:22; Matthew 19:26; Luke 1:37).

Faith Building Exercise

Faith comes by continually hearing God's Word. When you confess (speak) God's Word out loud you are planting God's incorruptible seed in your heart (spirit). In time, God's Word will take root in your spirit (heart) and produce a plentiful harvest of all God's blessings and promises in your life.

Say these out loud every day until you believe them in your spirit. They will build your faith. Look up these verses and read them as they appear in your Bible. You can always trust God’s Word because He cannot lie. If you don't know what to praise God for, here are ten promises to get you started. When you know these are true in your heart, you can't help but praise God!

The Lord healed me and keeps me from every disease.
(Exodus 15:26; Deuteronomy 7:15)
God has placed a hedge of protection around me, my house and around everything I own. He blesses the work of my hands and increases all my possessions.
(Job 1:10)
I meditate on God's Word and whatever I do prospers.
(Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:2-3)
I delight in the Lord and He gives me the desires of my heart.
(Psalm 37:4)
Praise the Lord! Praise His Holy name! He forgave all my sins and healed me! He redeemed my life and crowned me with love. He satisfies all my needs and desires. He made me young again.
(Psalm 103:1-5)
It is God's will that I am healthy and whole.
(Matthew 8:2-3)
I am more than a conqueror through Christ. Nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
(Romans 8:37-39)
God has all my anxiety, worry and fear because He cares for me.
(1 Peter 5:6-7)
I confess the name of Jesus and my sins are forgiven. I know the Father and I am strong. The Word of God lives in me. I have overcome the evil one.
(1 John 2:12-14)
I have confidence before God. My heart does not condemn me. I receive whatever I ask of Him. I obey His commandments and do what pleases Him. I believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love others. I abide in Him and He in me.
(1 John 3:20-24)

Bible Stories For Kids - http://kingskidstuff.home.att.net/

No comments: